New York News
Planes bump at JFK airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating how a taxiing passenger jet bumped a JetBlue plane at John F. Kennedy Airport on Saturday morning.
The FAA says around 6:15 a.m. JetBlue145, an Airbus A320 aircraft, had pushed back from Gate 5, Terminal 4, at JFK Airport preparing for departure. Air India 102, a Boeing 777 aircraft, was already on the ramp. The wingtip of the B777 made contact with the horizontal stabilizer on the tail of the A320. .
According to JetBlue, shortly after pushing back from the gate, its plane sustained damage to its tow bar. While retrieving a new tow bar, the aircraft remained stationary just short of the gate. At that time the Air India aircraft taxied into the area and made contact with JetBlue's plane. The JetBlue aircraft sustained damage to its rudder and taxied back to the gate.
All 150 passengers from the JetBlue aircraft bound for West Palm Beach, Florida were removed and transferred to another plane. That plane departed around 9:20 a.m.
The Air India Jet passengers all went through customs.
A Port Authority spokesperson says no passengers were injured on either aircraft.
The Air India jet incurred damage to the aircraft's left wing tip, but no other details were available.
The FAA was investigating.
jfk international airport, jetblue, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks 43 min ago
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane 39 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 11 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos