New York News
Exclusive: 90-year-old store owner robbed
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police hope some exclusive surveillance video lead to the suspect who robbed and attacked a 90-year-old man inside his store.
They say the suspect beat up the store owner in the Bronx and took off with cash.
"He want the cash desperately. He want the cash," said Hector Diego Bellomo, robbery victim.
Hector Diego Bellomo was working alone Saturday night at Bueno Bonito Barato clothing store in the Melrose section of the Bronx.
In the exclusively obtained video, a man is seen barging in, demanding money, and then the suspect roughs up the 90-year-old store owner, shoving him repeatedly to the ground.
"A guy come up. He push me to the floor he want the money give me the money," Bellomo said.
The suspect becomes infuriates when Mr. Bellomo doesn't open the register fast enough.
The robber grabbed him by the shirt collar and tried to pry the register open himself.
"He get mad with me, he push me down, I get up. I say, 'I can't open it,'" Bellomo said.
Within minutes, the suspect opened the register and cleaned out a couple hundred dollars cash.
Bellomo's family has owned this store for three years. They've dealt with shoplifters but have never been robbed before.
He told Eyewitness News he's a bit shaken by what happened, but not enough to close the doors for good.
"I feel OK but I have a few black and blues and a pain in the back. I hope I feel better," Bellomo said.
The suspect is described as a dark-skinned Hispanic man, 5'10" tall, and 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black jacket.
If you have any information you are asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, robbery, new york news, carolina leid
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Metro North trains set to be removed from accident scene 23 min ago
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers