New York News
Suspect identified in death of Staten Island mom in Turkey
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a new development out of Turkey in the investigation into the murder of a Staten Island woman.
Turkish police are looking for a suspect, identified as "Ziya T".
Reports say the homeless refuse collector was caught on camera selling Sarai Sierra's coat in the same part of Istanbul where her body was found earlier this month, bludgeoned to death.
Police say DNA taken from a bed the suspect slept in matches DNA found under Sierra's nails.
new york city, murder, staten island, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos