New York News
Suspect identified in death of Staten Island mom in Turkey
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a new development out of Turkey in the investigation into the murder of a Staten Island woman.
Turkish police are looking for a suspect, identified as "Ziya T".
Reports say the homeless refuse collector was caught on camera selling Sarai Sierra's coat in the same part of Istanbul where her body was found earlier this month, bludgeoned to death.
Police say DNA taken from a bed the suspect slept in matches DNA found under Sierra's nails.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, murder, staten island, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 41 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos