New York News
Suspect identified in death of Staten Island mom in Turkey
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a new development out of Turkey in the investigation into the murder of a Staten Island woman.
Turkish police are looking for a suspect, identified as "Ziya T".
Reports say the homeless refuse collector was caught on camera selling Sarai Sierra's coat in the same part of Istanbul where her body was found earlier this month, bludgeoned to death.
Police say DNA taken from a bed the suspect slept in matches DNA found under Sierra's nails.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, murder, staten island, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village 56 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 40 min ago
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley 34 min ago
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery 41 min ago
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony 10 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos