New York News
State Senator looks to reverse pet pig laws
NEW YORK (WABC) -- They're not your usual family pet, but a growing number of families are choosing to have pigs as pets.
But now New York City is cracking down.
Petey is a 39 pound Juliana Pig.
He likes cardigans, walks, and peanut butter.
"We have a pooper scooper, when he goes we pick it up," said Nicky Forgione.
Their kids think it's crazy that there is a law out there that bans pet pigs.
"It's really crazy," said Nicky.
The city health department says they are simply enforcing the law and a state senator who lives around here asks why then things have been different for the mayor.
"It begs the question where was this enforcement when there was a pet pig in Gracie Mansion the mayor's daughter brought in? Where was that same enforcement," asks Tony Avello.
He wants the law revisited, and promises the city has bigger fish to fry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, michelle charlesworth
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 29 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 54 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall 53 min ago
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a...
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
29 min ago