New York News
Deliberations to resume in NYPD officer's shooting death
BROOKLYN -- Jurors will resume deliberations Friday in trial of a man accused of shooting a New York City police officer during a botched robbery.
Lamont Pride is accused of murder in the death of Officer Peter Figoski.
Prosecutors say Pride and four others plotted to rob a drug dealer who lived in a shabby basement apartment in Brooklyn, but they were interrupted by police.
Authorities say that as Pride tried to escape, he came face-to-face with Figoski. The officer was struck in the head and died at a hospital.
Pride's lawyer says he didn't intentionally shoot the officer.
The case against another suspect, Michael Velez, is still being heard by a second jury. Two others will be tried later.
A fifth suspect, Ariel Tejada, testified against the others.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
police officer killed, cypress hills, brooklyn, new york city, crime, police officer shot, shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 3 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 27 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Washington Bridge closures announced...
5 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos