New York News
Suspect arrested in fatal 2-car Harlem crash
NEW YORK -- Police have arrested a Brooklyn man in connection with a two-car crash in Harlem that killed a 46-year-old woman and injured several others.
Wislairs Mentor was charged with aggravated unlicensed operator.
The accident occurred Wednesday at 2 p.m.
Police say a 2003 Ford Focus travelling south on Broadway attempted to make a left turn onto West 135th Street when it collided with Mentor's van.
Both vehicles careened onto the sidewalk, striking a 44-year-old pedestrian.
Police say Lisette Ventura, of Manhattan, the front passenger in the Focus, was taken to Saint Luke's Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the Focus and two infant rear passengers, as well as the female pedestrian were hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees