New York News
Brooklyn hospital worker helps catch escaped goat
BEDFORD-STUYVESANT (WABC) -- A security guard helped police lasso a goat running wild in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, overnight.
The goat was first spotted running on Fulton Avenue just before 1 a.m. Passersby who called police said the goat appeared disoriented and ran through the streets, banging into building doors.
The goat was finally cornered in a parking lot on Herkimer Street, across from Interfaith Medical Center.
A hospital security guard named Seydou, originally from West Africa, grabbed a rope and tried to lasso the goat.
The goat went behind several cars, hiding from police and thwarting the attempts of the guard.
The security guard finally grabbed the goat by the horns and held him as police tied up the animal.
Authorities put the goat in the back seat of their police cruiser and took it to Animal Care and Control.
The goat had a tag on it, indicating it apparently escaped from a nearby slaughterhouse.
Along with making for an amusing night shift, the goat's break out paid off. Instead of returning to the slaughterhouse, it will be sent to a farm santuary in upstate New York.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 1 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 7 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders 57 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos