New York News
NYPD: Queens burglary suspect cutting holes in roof
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are hoping new surveillance video can help them catch a rooftop thief in Queens.
Authorities say the suspect cut a hole in the roof of both the Zac Deli and a Rite Aid on Broadway in Astoria on Christmas Eve.
He stole cash and other merchandise from the deli, but did not enter the Rite Aid.
One week later, on New Year's Eve, the same man reportedly broke into a Stop and Go deli in the neighborhood, stealing merchandise.
The suspect is described as dark-skinned black male, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-11, who was last seen wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt with a "G-Unit" logo on the front, white and orange Air Max Nike sneakers and dark-colored jeans.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, astoria, burglary, new york news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Tornadoes slam Midwest; 1 dead in Oklahoma
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 52 min ago
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers