New York News
NYPD: Queens burglary suspect cutting holes in roof
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are hoping new surveillance video can help them catch a rooftop thief in Queens.
Authorities say the suspect cut a hole in the roof of both the Zac Deli and a Rite Aid on Broadway in Astoria on Christmas Eve.
He stole cash and other merchandise from the deli, but did not enter the Rite Aid.
One week later, on New Year's Eve, the same man reportedly broke into a Stop and Go deli in the neighborhood, stealing merchandise.
The suspect is described as dark-skinned black male, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-11, who was last seen wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt with a "G-Unit" logo on the front, white and orange Air Max Nike sneakers and dark-colored jeans.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, astoria, burglary, new york news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos