New York News
Water main break floods streets in Glen Oaks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Queens residents are pumping water out of their basements Wednesday morning after a late-night water main break.
The water main burst at 249th Street and Shiloh Avenue in Glen Oaks around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, flooding streets across the area.
Firefighters helped residents pump water out of the basements of at least eight homes while Department of Transportation workers checked the street for possible undermining.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, water main break, new york news
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 50 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village