New York News
Water main break floods streets in Glen Oaks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Queens residents are pumping water out of their basements Wednesday morning after a late-night water main break.
The water main burst at 249th Street and Shiloh Avenue in Glen Oaks around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, flooding streets across the area.
Firefighters helped residents pump water out of the basements of at least eight homes while Department of Transportation workers checked the street for possible undermining.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, water main break, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 30 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Dead cats found in bags hanging from tree in Yonkers 43 min ago
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building 36 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos