New York News
Water main break floods streets in Glen Oaks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Queens residents are pumping water out of their basements Wednesday morning after a late-night water main break.
The water main burst at 249th Street and Shiloh Avenue in Glen Oaks around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, flooding streets across the area.
Firefighters helped residents pump water out of the basements of at least eight homes while Department of Transportation workers checked the street for possible undermining.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, water main break, new york news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 25 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 25 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 39 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 54 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 48 min ago
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
39 min ago
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos