New York News
Water main break floods streets in Glen Oaks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Queens residents are pumping water out of their basements Wednesday morning after a late-night water main break.
The water main burst at 249th Street and Shiloh Avenue in Glen Oaks around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, flooding streets across the area.
Firefighters helped residents pump water out of the basements of at least eight homes while Department of Transportation workers checked the street for possible undermining.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, water main break, new york news
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home 52 min ago
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale