New York News
Water main break floods streets in Glen Oaks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Queens residents are pumping water out of their basements Wednesday morning after a late-night water main break.
The water main burst at 249th Street and Shiloh Avenue in Glen Oaks around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, flooding streets across the area.
Firefighters helped residents pump water out of the basements of at least eight homes while Department of Transportation workers checked the street for possible undermining.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, water main break, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities 8 min ago
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 53 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams