New York News
Lockdown lifted after student in gun rumor found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Bronx school was briefly locked down Tuesday after a "rumor" that a student said he had a gun in his pocket.
PS/MS 4 on Fulton Avenue was locked down around 8:15 a.m. while police searched the premisis.
"There was a rumor that a student in one of the schools on the campus came to school with a gun," a spokesperson said. "The principal called a lockdown and police are on the scene."
Officials say a school employee heard one student tell another that he brought a gun to school. That employee went to a school administrator, prompting the decision to lock down the school.
After a thorough search, police found the student and are questioning him. He does not appear to be armed and may have had a toy gun, according to reports.
The investigation is ongoing, but the lockdown was lifted before 10:30 a.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, school lockdown, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 30 min ago
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 2 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos