New York News
New clues in killing of ABC staffer in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is a new clue in the search for the killer of an ABC employee near his home in Brooklyn.
Video released by police shows two suspects in hoods walking near the murder scene.
Investigators fanned out near crime scene Friday morning posting flyers.
Ivan Giovanettina's partner and roommate sat stumped the apartment that he moved into less than six months ago.
Thursday night at 9:30, police say the 41 year old was walking down Macon Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant when two men may have tried to rob him.
Witnesses told police they saw Giovanettina running after two men dressed in black in a possible attempt to retrieve his property before they heard gunshots.
Police say Giovanettina was shot in the torso and pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
The 41 year old was a scenic designer for The Chew, which airs on ABC 7.
An ABC spokesperson released the following statement.
"We are shocked and saddened to learn of Ivan Giovanettina's untimely death. He was a beloved member of our team and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends."
No arrests have been made. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, robbery, shooting, new york news, darla miles
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos