New York News
New clues in killing of ABC staffer in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is a new clue in the search for the killer of an ABC employee near his home in Brooklyn.
Video released by police shows two suspects in hoods walking near the murder scene.
Investigators fanned out near crime scene Friday morning posting flyers.
Ivan Giovanettina's partner and roommate sat stumped the apartment that he moved into less than six months ago.
Thursday night at 9:30, police say the 41 year old was walking down Macon Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant when two men may have tried to rob him.
Witnesses told police they saw Giovanettina running after two men dressed in black in a possible attempt to retrieve his property before they heard gunshots.
Police say Giovanettina was shot in the torso and pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
The 41 year old was a scenic designer for The Chew, which airs on ABC 7.
An ABC spokesperson released the following statement.
"We are shocked and saddened to learn of Ivan Giovanettina's untimely death. He was a beloved member of our team and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends."
No arrests have been made. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, robbery, shooting, new york news, darla miles
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash