New York News
New clues in killing of ABC staffer in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is a new clue in the search for the killer of an ABC employee near his home in Brooklyn.
Video released by police shows two suspects in hoods walking near the murder scene.
Investigators fanned out near crime scene Friday morning posting flyers.
Ivan Giovanettina's partner and roommate sat stumped the apartment that he moved into less than six months ago.
Thursday night at 9:30, police say the 41 year old was walking down Macon Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant when two men may have tried to rob him.
Witnesses told police they saw Giovanettina running after two men dressed in black in a possible attempt to retrieve his property before they heard gunshots.
Police say Giovanettina was shot in the torso and pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
The 41 year old was a scenic designer for The Chew, which airs on ABC 7.
An ABC spokesperson released the following statement.
"We are shocked and saddened to learn of Ivan Giovanettina's untimely death. He was a beloved member of our team and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends."
No arrests have been made. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, robbery, shooting, new york news, darla miles
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 36 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos