New York News
NYPD: Cop-impersonating gang members arrested
BRONX (WABC) -- Drug enforcement agents have busted a ring of thieves who allegedly passed themselves off as cops as they robbed drug dealers.
The suspects, believed to be connected to the Latin Kings gang, reportedly had their own police car, with flashing lights and a James Bond-like switch for hiding the license plate.
The 16 alleged gang members were arrested this week in the Bronx.
The real police also hauled in the gang's load of guns, fake badges and body armor.
The DEA is also investigating if a New Jersey cop is tied to the arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, police impersonation, gang violence, new york news
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 27 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 40 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
22 min ago