New York News
3 Greenwich Village buildings evacuated in explosives scare
NEW YORK -- Three buildings in Greenwich Village were evacuated after a police arrest squad found something that looked like explosive powder in an apartment.
A police spokesman says the department's warrant squad went to the home to look for a woman Saturday morning and spotted the white substance in an ashtray. It was removed to a police firing range for analysis.
Police say investigators also found a shotgun and two magazine clips for handguns.
Two people are in custody, including the woman and a male companion.
The buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, bomb scare, evacuation, new york news
- Americans on board missing Malaysia Airlines flight ID'd 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 15 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing Malaysia...
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos