New York News
3 Greenwich Village buildings evacuated in explosives scare
NEW YORK -- Three buildings in Greenwich Village were evacuated after a police arrest squad found something that looked like explosive powder in an apartment.
A police spokesman says the department's warrant squad went to the home to look for a woman Saturday morning and spotted the white substance in an ashtray. It was removed to a police firing range for analysis.
Police say investigators also found a shotgun and two magazine clips for handguns.
Two people are in custody, including the woman and a male companion.
The buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, bomb scare, evacuation, new york news
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 29 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck 54 min ago
- Bethpage boaters missing in waters off Cape May
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea 12 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary