New York News
2 dead in separate hit and runs in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Police are searching for a pair of drivers involved in two separate fatal hit and runs in Queens.
A 30-year-old woman was struck by a car while crossing in front of 147-05 111th Avenue in Jamaica around 6:50 p.m. Wednesday.
A white vehicle, westbound on 111th Avenue, hit the woman and fled the scene. The woman was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Earlier, a 38-year-old nurse was killed by a hit-and-run driver after she went shopping in Floral Park.
Police say Sheena Mathew was fatally struck while crossing Hillside Avenue just before 6 p.m. The mother of two was a registered nurse who worked at New York Hospital Queens.
She was pronounced dead at North Shore University Hospital.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, jamaica, floral park, hit and run accident, new york news
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 34 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 47 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
29 min ago