New York News
2 dead in separate hit and runs in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Police are searching for a pair of drivers involved in two separate fatal hit and runs in Queens.
A 30-year-old woman was struck by a car while crossing in front of 147-05 111th Avenue in Jamaica around 6:50 p.m. Wednesday.
A white vehicle, westbound on 111th Avenue, hit the woman and fled the scene. The woman was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Earlier, a 38-year-old nurse was killed by a hit-and-run driver after she went shopping in Floral Park.
Police say Sheena Mathew was fatally struck while crossing Hillside Avenue just before 6 p.m. The mother of two was a registered nurse who worked at New York Hospital Queens.
She was pronounced dead at North Shore University Hospital.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, jamaica, floral park, hit and run accident, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 6 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees