New York News
Report: Poly Prep settles sex abuse lawsuit
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is word Thursday that the sex abuse lawsuit involving one of New York City's most prestigious private schools is over.
Brooklyn's Poly Prep has reportedly settled the suit claiming a longtime football coach abused hundreds of boys over a 25-year period.
The lawsuit also claimed the administration covered up the abuse.
According to the New York Daily News, terms of the settlement have not been released.
Twelve plaintiffs were seeking $20 million apiece.
The settlement ends a three-year legal and public relations battle. The lawsuit alleged that school officials knew coach Phil Foglietta was a sexual predator, but ignored repeated complaints.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sex abuse, new york news
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 13 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Dave Jennings, former Giants punter, dies 10 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos