New York News
Report: Poly Prep settles sex abuse lawsuit
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is word Thursday that the sex abuse lawsuit involving one of New York City's most prestigious private schools is over.
Brooklyn's Poly Prep has reportedly settled the suit claiming a longtime football coach abused hundreds of boys over a 25-year period.
The lawsuit also claimed the administration covered up the abuse.
According to the New York Daily News, terms of the settlement have not been released.
Twelve plaintiffs were seeking $20 million apiece.
The settlement ends a three-year legal and public relations battle. The lawsuit alleged that school officials knew coach Phil Foglietta was a sexual predator, but ignored repeated complaints.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sex abuse, new york news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 37 min ago
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies 59 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 1 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
1 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
20 min ago