New York News
Report: Poly Prep settles sex abuse lawsuit
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is word Thursday that the sex abuse lawsuit involving one of New York City's most prestigious private schools is over.
Brooklyn's Poly Prep has reportedly settled the suit claiming a longtime football coach abused hundreds of boys over a 25-year period.
The lawsuit also claimed the administration covered up the abuse.
According to the New York Daily News, terms of the settlement have not been released.
Twelve plaintiffs were seeking $20 million apiece.
The settlement ends a three-year legal and public relations battle. The lawsuit alleged that school officials knew coach Phil Foglietta was a sexual predator, but ignored repeated complaints.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sex abuse, new york news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green