New York News
2-alarm fire near World Trade Center memorial
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 2-alarm fire burned in storage containers near the ground zero memorial at the World Trade Center site Wednesday.Firefighters battled the blaze, which broke out around 11:30 a.m.
Smoke was seen billowing from the area.
Authorities say there does not appear to be any threat to the memorial itself.
It is unknown how the fire started.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, world trade center, fire, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013