New York News
Boy hospitalized after hit by cab in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 9-year-old boy is hospitalized with serious head injuries after being hit by a livery cab in Brooklyn.
Nine-year-old Joseph Williams was at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Sunday after the accident Saturday morning. An update on his condition wasn't immediately available.
Authorities say Joseph was on his way to church with his grandfather when the boy crossed Eastern Parkway against the traffic light. He was hit by a livery cab heading west on the parkway.
Witness Vernon Clovell tells the New York Post the impact knocked Joseph's shoes off and threw him over the car. Police say he suffered severe head trauma.
Police say the 44-year-old cab driver isn't expected to face charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, accident, livery cab, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 28 min ago
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos