New York News
Boy hospitalized after hit by cab in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 9-year-old boy is hospitalized with serious head injuries after being hit by a livery cab in Brooklyn.
Nine-year-old Joseph Williams was at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Sunday after the accident Saturday morning. An update on his condition wasn't immediately available.
Authorities say Joseph was on his way to church with his grandfather when the boy crossed Eastern Parkway against the traffic light. He was hit by a livery cab heading west on the parkway.
Witness Vernon Clovell tells the New York Post the impact knocked Joseph's shoes off and threw him over the car. Police say he suffered severe head trauma.
Police say the 44-year-old cab driver isn't expected to face charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, accident, livery cab, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos