New York News
Boy hospitalized after hit by cab in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 9-year-old boy is hospitalized with serious head injuries after being hit by a livery cab in Brooklyn.
Nine-year-old Joseph Williams was at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Sunday after the accident Saturday morning. An update on his condition wasn't immediately available.
Authorities say Joseph was on his way to church with his grandfather when the boy crossed Eastern Parkway against the traffic light. He was hit by a livery cab heading west on the parkway.
Witness Vernon Clovell tells the New York Post the impact knocked Joseph's shoes off and threw him over the car. Police say he suffered severe head trauma.
Police say the 44-year-old cab driver isn't expected to face charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, accident, livery cab, new york news
- Massive forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 26 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos