New York News
Boy hospitalized after hit by cab in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 9-year-old boy is hospitalized with serious head injuries after being hit by a livery cab in Brooklyn.
Nine-year-old Joseph Williams was at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Sunday after the accident Saturday morning. An update on his condition wasn't immediately available.
Authorities say Joseph was on his way to church with his grandfather when the boy crossed Eastern Parkway against the traffic light. He was hit by a livery cab heading west on the parkway.
Witness Vernon Clovell tells the New York Post the impact knocked Joseph's shoes off and threw him over the car. Police say he suffered severe head trauma.
Police say the 44-year-old cab driver isn't expected to face charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, accident, livery cab, new york news
- Missing Malaysia jet may have turned back 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 11 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 32 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
28 min ago