New York News
Boy hospitalized after hit by cab in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 9-year-old boy is hospitalized with serious head injuries after being hit by a livery cab in Brooklyn.
Nine-year-old Joseph Williams was at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Sunday after the accident Saturday morning. An update on his condition wasn't immediately available.
Authorities say Joseph was on his way to church with his grandfather when the boy crossed Eastern Parkway against the traffic light. He was hit by a livery cab heading west on the parkway.
Witness Vernon Clovell tells the New York Post the impact knocked Joseph's shoes off and threw him over the car. Police say he suffered severe head trauma.
Police say the 44-year-old cab driver isn't expected to face charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, accident, livery cab, new york news
- Fog blamed for long delays at area airports 33 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest 56 min ago
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Family demands answers in deadly police shooting 24 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use 56 min ago
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos