New York News
One person dead in Staten Island house fire
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- One person was found dead in the attic in an early morning fire on Saturday at a private home in the Clifton section of Staten Island.
The FDNY says they received a call just after 5:30. When the firefighters arrived on the scene, heavy fire was visible on the top floor of the 2 ½ story residence.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Jameek Champagne.
60 firefighters were assigned to the scene, and the fire was placed under control just after 6:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, fire, fire death, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos