New York News
One person dead in Staten Island house fire
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- One person was found dead in the attic in an early morning fire on Saturday at a private home in the Clifton section of Staten Island.
The FDNY says they received a call just after 5:30. When the firefighters arrived on the scene, heavy fire was visible on the top floor of the 2 ½ story residence.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Jameek Champagne.
60 firefighters were assigned to the scene, and the fire was placed under control just after 6:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, fire, fire death, new york news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest 14 min ago
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters 32 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos