New York News
Woman attacked in elevator in Bronx building
MORRISANIA (WABC) -- Police have released video of a violent attack in which a woman was beaten and robbed after the suspect followed her onto an elevator.
"And he punched my eye," said Carmine Nieves, robbery victim.
Carmine Neives' eye is now swollen and badly bruised, after she was attacked and viciously beaten by a much younger thug in the elevator of her own building on Thursday.
"Did he say anything to you?" Eyewitness News asked.
"Yes, but I can't remember" Nieves said.
The suspect, a young black man 17 to 20 years old first gained entry into the lobby of the building in the Morris Houses.
He paced, and then was seen following Carmine into the elevator and selecting the floor right below hers.
He got out and apparently ran up stairs to Carmine's surprise.
"And come to the elevator and attacked me. He put the hand over the mouth and punched me and throw me onto the floor," Nieves said.
The suspect first grabbed Carmine by the hair and the throat, and pushed her back into the elevator.
Then, he violently threw her to the floor and began to punch her.
She took a vicious beating even as he reached back several times to keep the elevator door from closing.
He then finally started grabbing her jewelry and her money.
Several tenants in the building say the suspect did not look familiar to them.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, tremont, crime, robbery, surveillance video, new york news, tim fleischer
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 22 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers 1 min ago
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack 31 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup