New York News
Heavy wind causes scaffold collapses in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A scaffold collapsed into the street from a building under construction in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
The scaffold broke away from a four-story building under construction and onto Con Edison overhead electrical wires.
Two cars were damaged by the scaffolding.
Nearby residents were also believed to have lost power.
47 Street was closed to traffic between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue.
A five-story scaffolding also collapsed just before 3 a.m. Friday on Bay Parkway and West 12th in the Bensonhurst section.
The scaffolding knocked down a street light and came to a rest ona car and truck parked on the other side of the street.
No injuries were reported. Wind gusts reached approximately 45 miles per hour at the the time of the collapse.
The B6 Bus route was diverted due to the collapse.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sunset park, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
57 min ago