New York News
Heavy wind causes scaffold collapses in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A scaffold collapsed into the street from a building under construction in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
The scaffold broke away from a four-story building under construction and onto Con Edison overhead electrical wires.
Two cars were damaged by the scaffolding.
Nearby residents were also believed to have lost power.
47 Street was closed to traffic between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue.
A five-story scaffolding also collapsed just before 3 a.m. Friday on Bay Parkway and West 12th in the Bensonhurst section.
The scaffolding knocked down a street light and came to a rest ona car and truck parked on the other side of the street.
No injuries were reported. Wind gusts reached approximately 45 miles per hour at the the time of the collapse.
The B6 Bus route was diverted due to the collapse.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sunset park, new york news
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM 57 min ago
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos