New York News
Heavy wind causes scaffold collapses in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A scaffold collapsed into the street from a building under construction in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
The scaffold broke away from a four-story building under construction and onto Con Edison overhead electrical wires.
Two cars were damaged by the scaffolding.
Nearby residents were also believed to have lost power.
47 Street was closed to traffic between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue.
A five-story scaffolding also collapsed just before 3 a.m. Friday on Bay Parkway and West 12th in the Bensonhurst section.
The scaffolding knocked down a street light and came to a rest ona car and truck parked on the other side of the street.
No injuries were reported. Wind gusts reached approximately 45 miles per hour at the the time of the collapse.
The B6 Bus route was diverted due to the collapse.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sunset park, new york news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 44 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 36 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos