New York News
Reward offered for killer of Queens bodega worker
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD and Crime Stoppers are offering a $12,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the killer of a Queens bodega worker.
The victim, 26-year old Ishak Ghali, was shot in the head Thursday night at the store in Ridgewood.
Police are looking for a man caught on camera running from the scene of the murder.
The victim worked seven days a week on 12 hour shifts to send money to his parents in Egypt.
Family members bowed their heads in disbelief outside All Friends Deli.
A cousin, Agiepy Apdelmalak, says Ghali was shot in what looks like a robbery gone bad.
"He's so nice. Everyone in the neighborhood says he's wonderful," Apdelmalak said.
Sources say the cash register drawer was found open.
Police are checking to see if any money was taken.
It happened at the corner of Gates and Onderdonk Avenues in Ridgewood.
It's a neighborhood where residents are afraid to talk because crime is commonplace.
"There was a shooting not too long ago. It had nothing to do with the deli. They're nice people. It's surprising," a customer said.
"Very good people. Never a complaint it's a surprise. This neighborhood is getting worse," another customer said.
There are no arrests and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ridgewood, queens, shooting, new york news, carolina leid
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
40 min ago