New York News
Reward offered for killer of Queens bodega worker
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD and Crime Stoppers are offering a $12,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the killer of a Queens bodega worker.
The victim, 26-year old Ishak Ghali, was shot in the head Thursday night at the store in Ridgewood.
Police are looking for a man caught on camera running from the scene of the murder.
The victim worked seven days a week on 12 hour shifts to send money to his parents in Egypt.
Family members bowed their heads in disbelief outside All Friends Deli.
A cousin, Agiepy Apdelmalak, says Ghali was shot in what looks like a robbery gone bad.
"He's so nice. Everyone in the neighborhood says he's wonderful," Apdelmalak said.
Sources say the cash register drawer was found open.
Police are checking to see if any money was taken.
It happened at the corner of Gates and Onderdonk Avenues in Ridgewood.
It's a neighborhood where residents are afraid to talk because crime is commonplace.
"There was a shooting not too long ago. It had nothing to do with the deli. They're nice people. It's surprising," a customer said.
"Very good people. Never a complaint it's a surprise. This neighborhood is getting worse," another customer said.
There are no arrests and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ridgewood, queens, shooting, new york news, carolina leid
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen