New York News
Lindsay Lohan's probation revoked, hearing date set
NEW YORK -- A judge revoked Lindsay Lohan's probation on Wednesday and scheduled a hearing that could result in more jail time for the closely watched "Liz and Dick" star.
The ruling in Los Angeles came as the 26-year-old actress - who did not appear in court - faces misdemeanor counts of reckless driving, lying to a police officer and obstructing an officer from performing duties after an accident in which her Porsche slammed into the back of a dump truck in June.
Lohan told police in Santa Monica that her assistant was driving, but detectives now believe the actress was behind the wheel as she headed to a movie set.
Lohan was on probation at the time after previously being convicted of the misdemeanor theft of a necklace.
A probation violation hearing was set for Jan. 15. A judge could sentence the actress up to 245 days in jail after the Santa Monica case is resolved.
Lohan was not required to appear in court Wednesday. She was represented by her attorney, Shawn Holley, who did not immediately return an email message seeking comment after the hearing.
Lohan also faces a misdemeanor assault charge in New York after a woman claimed she was hit by the actress at a nightclub.
The jewelry case sparked months of court hearings and morgue cleanup duty for the star who has struggled personally and professionally since being arrested twice in 2007 for driving under the influence.
After being removed from supervised probation in March, Lohan attempted to mount a comeback, filming two movies and a cameo with Charlie Sheen in the latest installment of the "Scary Movie" franchise.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lindsay lohan, chelsea, new york news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Tornadoes slam Midwest; 1 dead in Oklahoma
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Tipping dispute leads to assault outside LI nightclub 11 min ago
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder 49 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 37 min ago
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner 39 min ago
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers