New York News
NYPD officer struck, dragged by cab in Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a livery cab driver who struck a New York City police officer and dragged him through Times Square.
Authorities say the uniformed NYPD officer stopped the black car as it tried to pick up an illegal street fare near the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant on Seventh Avenue.
They say the driver suddenly sped off as the officer clutched the car window.
Eyewitnesses say he was dragged for half a block.
He is being treated for minor neck and back injuries.
The driver fled the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, nypd, new york news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 24 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 11 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
27 min ago