New York News
NYPD officer struck, dragged by cab in Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a livery cab driver who struck a New York City police officer and dragged him through Times Square.
Authorities say the uniformed NYPD officer stopped the black car as it tried to pick up an illegal street fare near the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant on Seventh Avenue.
They say the driver suddenly sped off as the officer clutched the car window.
Eyewitnesses say he was dragged for half a block.
He is being treated for minor neck and back injuries.
The driver fled the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, nypd, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 5 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 33 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings 1 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos