New York News
NYPD officer struck, dragged by cab in Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a livery cab driver who struck a New York City police officer and dragged him through Times Square.
Authorities say the uniformed NYPD officer stopped the black car as it tried to pick up an illegal street fare near the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant on Seventh Avenue.
They say the driver suddenly sped off as the officer clutched the car window.
Eyewitnesses say he was dragged for half a block.
He is being treated for minor neck and back injuries.
The driver fled the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, nypd, new york news
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 42 min ago
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 46 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 28 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 11 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 16 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
28 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos