New York News
Suspect arrested in vicious elevator attack
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Investigators have arrested 33-year-old Freddie Keitt who police say not only robbed 75-year-old Yvonne Sherwell but three other women as well, all of them inside an elevator.
Sherwell arrived at the Manhattan robbery squad on Wednesday afternoon to pick out from a police line-up the man who robbed her last Saturday night.
The attack was captured on the surveillance camera inside her apartment building elevator.
"Just to look at them inspires fear," Sherwell said.
The most recent robbery happened in Gramercy Park on Sunday. A camera again captured a picture of the suspect, Freddie Keit. In that case, police say he used a gun to steal a 22-year-old woman's purse.
Police say Keit also used a gun in robberies in the East Village and Far Rockaway.
All four victims were at the police line-up.
As for Yvonne Sherwell, the former actress and dancer showed us the new warning device she now carries to protect her from harm - a whistle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, assault, robbery, new york news, joe torres
- Missing plane may have turned back 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 47 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
26 min ago