New York News
Ex-New York City Mayor Ed Koch leaves hospital
NEW YORK -- Former New York Mayor Ed Koch has been released from a Manhattan hospital.
Koch looked jovial as he spoke briefly Monday outside NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. He was admitted last week with pneumonia and flu.
He said he planned to go to his office briefly, then do some reading at home.
On Friday, Koch said through a spokesman that he was looking forward to celebrating his 88th birthday this Wednesday. He'll be at an annual reunion with members of his administration at Gracie Mansion, the official mayor's residence.
Koch also was hospitalized with anemia in September.
Koch served three terms from 1978 to 1989. The Democrat is famous for asking constituents, "How'm I doing?"
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 29 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 40 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos