New York News
Ex-New York City Mayor Ed Koch leaves hospital
NEW YORK -- Former New York Mayor Ed Koch has been released from a Manhattan hospital.
Koch looked jovial as he spoke briefly Monday outside NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. He was admitted last week with pneumonia and flu.
He said he planned to go to his office briefly, then do some reading at home.
On Friday, Koch said through a spokesman that he was looking forward to celebrating his 88th birthday this Wednesday. He'll be at an annual reunion with members of his administration at Gracie Mansion, the official mayor's residence.
Koch also was hospitalized with anemia in September.
Koch served three terms from 1978 to 1989. The Democrat is famous for asking constituents, "How'm I doing?"
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 1 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos