New York News
Santas parade for charity on 5th Avenue
NEW YORK -- It's another post-Thanksgiving tradition: a huge serving of ho-ho-ho along Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
The 110th annual Sidewalk Santa Parade has been around since 1902.
Fifty fully suited, bell-ringing Sidewalk Santas were part of the Friday festivities.
After their jolly old stroll, the Volunteers of America Santas were whisked away - not by sleigh, but by bus.
The donations they raise will used for a holiday food voucher program for needy residents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, holiday, parade, new york news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers