New Jersey News
Suspect arrested in Elizabeth rooming house stabbing
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police have arrested a suspect following the stabbings of two men, one fatally, at a rooming house in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
34-year old Alexander Kerton was arrested Monday night while walking in the city's downtown area. Police say he had a knife in his possession, but was arrested without incident.
Kerton is charged with stabbing a fellow resident of the rooming house numerous times last Friday. The 52-year old male victim is in guarded condition at University Hospital in Newark.
Another rooming house resident, 67-year old John Forte, was found stabbed to death in the same Morris Avenue building last week.
Kerton has not been charged in that murder. He is being held on $50,000 bail.
new jersey news, new jersey, elizabeth, stabbing, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
54 min ago