New Jersey News
Suspect arrested in Elizabeth rooming house stabbing
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police have arrested a suspect following the stabbings of two men, one fatally, at a rooming house in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
34-year old Alexander Kerton was arrested Monday night while walking in the city's downtown area. Police say he had a knife in his possession, but was arrested without incident.
Kerton is charged with stabbing a fellow resident of the rooming house numerous times last Friday. The 52-year old male victim is in guarded condition at University Hospital in Newark.
Another rooming house resident, 67-year old John Forte, was found stabbed to death in the same Morris Avenue building last week.
Kerton has not been charged in that murder. He is being held on $50,000 bail.
new jersey news, new jersey, elizabeth, stabbing, new jersey news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 59 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train 21 min ago
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 41 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines