New Jersey News
Irvington father, son shot; suspect sought
IRVINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in Irvington, New Jersey have released a surveillance photo of a suspect wanted for questioning in the shooting of a man and his 8-year-old son.
The shooting happened on Clinton Avenue in Irvington around 2:30 Saturday afternoon Lloyd C. Lemonious sustained a single gunshot wound to the leg and his 8-year-old son was struck once in the cheek, officials said.
It is believed that the two victims were not the intended targets, investigators said.
Lemonious remains at U.M.D.N.J. Hospital in stable condition, but his son was released. Witnesses tell police a lone gunman, described as a young black man armed with a handgun opened fire without provocation.
An Investigative Task Force is handling the case. Several leads are currently being examined, officials said.
Uniformed patrols have also been increased to bolster police presence in the area.
Anyone with information please contact the Irvington Police Tip line at (973)-399-TIPPS (8477).
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97