New Jersey News
Irvington father, son shot; suspect sought
IRVINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in Irvington, New Jersey have released a surveillance photo of a suspect wanted for questioning in the shooting of a man and his 8-year-old son.
The shooting happened on Clinton Avenue in Irvington around 2:30 Saturday afternoon Lloyd C. Lemonious sustained a single gunshot wound to the leg and his 8-year-old son was struck once in the cheek, officials said.
It is believed that the two victims were not the intended targets, investigators said.
Lemonious remains at U.M.D.N.J. Hospital in stable condition, but his son was released. Witnesses tell police a lone gunman, described as a young black man armed with a handgun opened fire without provocation.
An Investigative Task Force is handling the case. Several leads are currently being examined, officials said.
Uniformed patrols have also been increased to bolster police presence in the area.
Anyone with information please contact the Irvington Police Tip line at (973)-399-TIPPS (8477).
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen