New Jersey News
Irvington father, son shot; suspect sought
IRVINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in Irvington, New Jersey have released a surveillance photo of a suspect wanted for questioning in the shooting of a man and his 8-year-old son.
The shooting happened on Clinton Avenue in Irvington around 2:30 Saturday afternoon Lloyd C. Lemonious sustained a single gunshot wound to the leg and his 8-year-old son was struck once in the cheek, officials said.
It is believed that the two victims were not the intended targets, investigators said.
Lemonious remains at U.M.D.N.J. Hospital in stable condition, but his son was released. Witnesses tell police a lone gunman, described as a young black man armed with a handgun opened fire without provocation.
An Investigative Task Force is handling the case. Several leads are currently being examined, officials said.
Uniformed patrols have also been increased to bolster police presence in the area.
Anyone with information please contact the Irvington Police Tip line at (973)-399-TIPPS (8477).
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 28 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 39 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos