New Jersey News
2 weekend murders under investigation in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A pair of unrelated murders over the weekend are under investigation in Newark.
In the first incident, 21-year-old Najee Montague was shot around 7:30 p.m. Saturday while standing at the intersection of Orange Avenue and Salem Street.
He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Then, 25-year-old Eric Harris was shot around 10 a.m. Sunday on 18th Avenue, a few blocks away from Nat Turner Park, and pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say both victims may have been targeted, and there is no indication the matters are related.
An investigation by the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force is continuing.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, murder, shooting, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 51 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014