New Jersey News
2 weekend murders under investigation in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A pair of unrelated murders over the weekend are under investigation in Newark.
In the first incident, 21-year-old Najee Montague was shot around 7:30 p.m. Saturday while standing at the intersection of Orange Avenue and Salem Street.
He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Then, 25-year-old Eric Harris was shot around 10 a.m. Sunday on 18th Avenue, a few blocks away from Nat Turner Park, and pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say both victims may have been targeted, and there is no indication the matters are related.
An investigation by the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force is continuing.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, murder, shooting, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 12 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 13 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
27 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos