New Jersey News
2 weekend murders under investigation in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A pair of unrelated murders over the weekend are under investigation in Newark.
In the first incident, 21-year-old Najee Montague was shot around 7:30 p.m. Saturday while standing at the intersection of Orange Avenue and Salem Street.
He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Then, 25-year-old Eric Harris was shot around 10 a.m. Sunday on 18th Avenue, a few blocks away from Nat Turner Park, and pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say both victims may have been targeted, and there is no indication the matters are related.
An investigation by the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force is continuing.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, murder, shooting, new jersey news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide