New Jersey News
2 weekend murders under investigation in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A pair of unrelated murders over the weekend are under investigation in Newark.
In the first incident, 21-year-old Najee Montague was shot around 7:30 p.m. Saturday while standing at the intersection of Orange Avenue and Salem Street.
He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Then, 25-year-old Eric Harris was shot around 10 a.m. Sunday on 18th Avenue, a few blocks away from Nat Turner Park, and pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say both victims may have been targeted, and there is no indication the matters are related.
An investigation by the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force is continuing.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, murder, shooting, new jersey news
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 25 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 53 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
25 min ago