New Jersey News
Man pleads guilty to killing West Orange bouncer
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A New Jersey man has pleaded guilty to fatally shooting a bouncer during a fight outside a West Orange bar in 2012.
Prosecutors say 25-year old Jose Garcia-Lendos, an undocumented Honduran living in Orange, entered a plea to aggravated manslaughter charges in the killing of 32-year old Jacques Nelson, also of Orange.
A father of four, Nelson was killed trying to stop a fight between bar patrons outside Misty's Restaurant and Bar on Main Street on August 6, 2012.
Nelson worked a second job on weekends at the bar for just eight months prior to the deadly encounter.
A week after the killing, Garcia-Lendo was arrested in Texas as he tried to cross the border into Mexico.
In court, Garcia- Lendos admitted shooting Nelson while he was trying to kill another man.
He faces 24 years in prison when he is sentenced on Sept. 17.
new jersey, murder, west orange, new jersey news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green