New Jersey News
Man pleads guilty to killing West Orange bouncer
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A New Jersey man has pleaded guilty to fatally shooting a bouncer during a fight outside a West Orange bar in 2012.
Prosecutors say 25-year old Jose Garcia-Lendos, an undocumented Honduran living in Orange, entered a plea to aggravated manslaughter charges in the killing of 32-year old Jacques Nelson, also of Orange.
A father of four, Nelson was killed trying to stop a fight between bar patrons outside Misty's Restaurant and Bar on Main Street on August 6, 2012.
Nelson worked a second job on weekends at the bar for just eight months prior to the deadly encounter.
A week after the killing, Garcia-Lendo was arrested in Texas as he tried to cross the border into Mexico.
In court, Garcia- Lendos admitted shooting Nelson while he was trying to kill another man.
He faces 24 years in prison when he is sentenced on Sept. 17.
new jersey, murder, west orange, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
12 min ago