New Jersey News
Man pleads guilty to killing West Orange bouncer
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A New Jersey man has pleaded guilty to fatally shooting a bouncer during a fight outside a West Orange bar in 2012.
Prosecutors say 25-year old Jose Garcia-Lendos, an undocumented Honduran living in Orange, entered a plea to aggravated manslaughter charges in the killing of 32-year old Jacques Nelson, also of Orange.
A father of four, Nelson was killed trying to stop a fight between bar patrons outside Misty's Restaurant and Bar on Main Street on August 6, 2012.
Nelson worked a second job on weekends at the bar for just eight months prior to the deadly encounter.
A week after the killing, Garcia-Lendo was arrested in Texas as he tried to cross the border into Mexico.
In court, Garcia- Lendos admitted shooting Nelson while he was trying to kill another man.
He faces 24 years in prison when he is sentenced on Sept. 17.
new jersey, murder, west orange, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 27 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 41 min ago
- Greenwich Village fatal bus-truck suspect due in court 16 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 33 min ago
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25 41 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos