New Jersey News
New Jersey kennel denies wrongdoing in dog death
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS -- Officials are awaiting necropsy results to try to determine if heat caused the death of a dog at a New Jersey kennel.
The dog's owner says Bugsy was healthy when they dropped him off at the Dogs on The Farm kennel in Atlantic Highlands on Thursday.
Danielle Collins tells the Asbury Park Press she received a call on Friday saying the French bulldog died after being left outside in direct sun light for 90 minutes.
Dogs On The Farm co-owner Karen Leipzig tells the paper cameras show Bugsy rested in the shade and the staff tried to revive him after he collapsed.
The kennel fired the employee who was responsible for the dog and is implementing new policies that would limit time outside in hot weather.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 47 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 14 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 5 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest