New Jersey News
New Jersey kennel denies wrongdoing in dog death
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS -- Officials are awaiting necropsy results to try to determine if heat caused the death of a dog at a New Jersey kennel.
The dog's owner says Bugsy was healthy when they dropped him off at the Dogs on The Farm kennel in Atlantic Highlands on Thursday.
Danielle Collins tells the Asbury Park Press she received a call on Friday saying the French bulldog died after being left outside in direct sun light for 90 minutes.
Dogs On The Farm co-owner Karen Leipzig tells the paper cameras show Bugsy rested in the shade and the staff tried to revive him after he collapsed.
The kennel fired the employee who was responsible for the dog and is implementing new policies that would limit time outside in hot weather.
new jersey, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 21 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 11 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 52 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos