New Jersey News
New Jersey kennel denies wrongdoing in dog death
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS -- Officials are awaiting necropsy results to try to determine if heat caused the death of a dog at a New Jersey kennel.
The dog's owner says Bugsy was healthy when they dropped him off at the Dogs on The Farm kennel in Atlantic Highlands on Thursday.
Danielle Collins tells the Asbury Park Press she received a call on Friday saying the French bulldog died after being left outside in direct sun light for 90 minutes.
Dogs On The Farm co-owner Karen Leipzig tells the paper cameras show Bugsy rested in the shade and the staff tried to revive him after he collapsed.
The kennel fired the employee who was responsible for the dog and is implementing new policies that would limit time outside in hot weather.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97