New Jersey News
Man hurt in police-involved shooting in Hackensack
HACKENSACK -- Authorities say a man is in critical condition after he was wounded in a running gun battle with Hackensack police.
The Bergen County Prosecutor's Office says 22-year-old Robert Leonardis opened fire on a patrol car with a bullet going through the windshield, narrowly missing an officer, at the corner of Newman Street and Russell Place early Monday.
Officials say two officers returned fire and two other officers joined the foot pursuit.
All four officers fired, striking Leonardis numerous times. He was taken to Hackensack University medical Center.
Authorities say a .45-caliber handgun was recovered at the scene.
new jersey, hackensack, police shooting, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos