New Jersey News
Fire damages Bloomfield apartment building
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Flames raced through the top floor of an apartment building in Bloomfield, New Jersey on Friday afternoon.
The fire broke out just after 3:00 p.m. inside the building at 215 Bloomfield Avenue.
There were reports that explosion preceded the fire in the kitchen of one of the buildings.
The flames broke through the roof and raced from apartment to apartment on the top floor before firefighters could bring things under control.
The fire reached 2 alarms.
The building was evacuated. No injuries were reported. Firefighters say they also got out all the pets.
Firefighters remained on the scene hosing down hot spots late Friday afternoon.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new jersey, bloomfield, fire, new jersey news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos