New Jersey News
Fire damages Bloomfield apartment building
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Flames raced through the top floor of an apartment building in Bloomfield, New Jersey on Friday afternoon.
The fire broke out just after 3:00 p.m. inside the building at 215 Bloomfield Avenue.
There were reports that explosion preceded the fire in the kitchen of one of the buildings.
The flames broke through the roof and raced from apartment to apartment on the top floor before firefighters could bring things under control.
The fire reached 2 alarms.
The building was evacuated. No injuries were reported. Firefighters say they also got out all the pets.
Firefighters remained on the scene hosing down hot spots late Friday afternoon.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new jersey, bloomfield, fire, new jersey news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 46 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 13 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 4 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest