New Jersey News
Fire damages Bloomfield apartment building
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Flames raced through the top floor of an apartment building in Bloomfield, New Jersey on Friday afternoon.
The fire broke out just after 3:00 p.m. inside the building at 215 Bloomfield Avenue.
There were reports that explosion preceded the fire in the kitchen of one of the buildings.
The flames broke through the roof and raced from apartment to apartment on the top floor before firefighters could bring things under control.
The fire reached 2 alarms.
The building was evacuated. No injuries were reported. Firefighters say they also got out all the pets.
Firefighters remained on the scene hosing down hot spots late Friday afternoon.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new jersey, bloomfield, fire, new jersey news
- Missing plane may have turned back
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 5 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams