New Jersey News
Fire damages Bloomfield apartment building
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Flames raced through the top floor of an apartment building in Bloomfield, New Jersey on Friday afternoon.
The fire broke out just after 3:00 p.m. inside the building at 215 Bloomfield Avenue.
There were reports that explosion preceded the fire in the kitchen of one of the buildings.
The flames broke through the roof and raced from apartment to apartment on the top floor before firefighters could bring things under control.
The fire reached 2 alarms.
The building was evacuated. No injuries were reported. Firefighters say they also got out all the pets.
Firefighters remained on the scene hosing down hot spots late Friday afternoon.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new jersey, bloomfield, fire, new jersey news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 16 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million 54 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'