New Jersey News
3-alarm fire tears through 3 homes in Paterson
PATERSON (WABC) -- A fast-moving third-alarm fire tore through one home and spread to two others in New Jersey early Tuesday.
Flames shot through the roof of the home on Rosa Parks Boulevard in Paterson just after 3:30 a.m.
The fire started in an unoccupied home before it jumped to two neighboring structures.
Firefighters were pouring huge amounts of water on the fire in a purely exterior attack, and the center building, which was occupied, appears to have suffered extensive damage.
Constance Washington, who lived in the middle building, described the chaotic scene she woke up to.
"My brother woke us up, yelling, 'The house is on fire!'" she said. "And when he said the house was on fire, I looked at the dining room, and all I could see was that house on the corner is on fire. And everything from the kitchen, you could see all the fire coming in."
All the residents - five adults, three children and two dogs - were able to escape the flames safely, and no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but it has been deemed suspicious because it erupted in the occupied home.
new jersey, paterson, fire, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced 34 min ago
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating 22 min ago
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss 39 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 47 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos