New Jersey News
Explosives found in Edison teen's home
EDISON, N.J. (WABC) -- A teenager in New Jersey was arrested after police say they found explosives in his home.
Investigators say they searched the 16-year-old's home after several bomb threats were made toward Edison High School.
They say the teen is not connected to those threats, but they found shotgun shells and homemade explosives.
Police say a "possible tragedy was thwarted."
The boy was released to a family member. His name was not released because he's a juvenile.
new jersey, edison, new jersey news
- Missing plane may have turned back
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 5 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams