New Jersey News
Explosives found in Edison teen's home
EDISON, N.J. (WABC) -- A teenager in New Jersey was arrested after police say they found explosives in his home.
Investigators say they searched the 16-year-old's home after several bomb threats were made toward Edison High School.
They say the teen is not connected to those threats, but they found shotgun shells and homemade explosives.
Police say a "possible tragedy was thwarted."
The boy was released to a family member. His name was not released because he's a juvenile.
new jersey, edison, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees