New Jersey News
1 dead, police officer hurt in NJ trailer park fire
Sunday, April 28, 2013
HOWELL, N.J. -- One resident was killed and a police officer was hospitalized after a fire broke out at a central New Jersey trailer park.
Howell Township police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/ZHikjj) that the fire started shortly before 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Oak Hill Trailer Park. But witnesses say firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze. The person who lived in the trailer where the fire occurred was pronounced dead at the scene, but further details were not disclosed. No other park residents were injured. Howell police officer John Lopez suffered smoke inhalation and was being treated at a hospital, but he was expected to fully recover. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, fire, fire death, howell, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
Eyewitness News Links