New Jersey News
1 dead, police officer hurt in NJ trailer park fire
Sunday, April 28, 2013
HOWELL, N.J. -- One resident was killed and a police officer was hospitalized after a fire broke out at a central New Jersey trailer park.
Howell Township police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/ZHikjj) that the fire started shortly before 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Oak Hill Trailer Park. But witnesses say firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze. The person who lived in the trailer where the fire occurred was pronounced dead at the scene, but further details were not disclosed. No other park residents were injured. Howell police officer John Lopez suffered smoke inhalation and was being treated at a hospital, but he was expected to fully recover. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, fire, fire death, howell, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 24 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 35 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos