New Jersey News
1 dead, police officer hurt in NJ trailer park fire
Sunday, April 28, 2013
HOWELL, N.J. -- One resident was killed and a police officer was hospitalized after a fire broke out at a central New Jersey trailer park.
Howell Township police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/ZHikjj) that the fire started shortly before 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Oak Hill Trailer Park. But witnesses say firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze. The person who lived in the trailer where the fire occurred was pronounced dead at the scene, but further details were not disclosed. No other park residents were injured. Howell police officer John Lopez suffered smoke inhalation and was being treated at a hospital, but he was expected to fully recover. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, fire, fire death, howell, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos