New Jersey News
1 dead, police officer hurt in NJ trailer park fire
Sunday, April 28, 2013
HOWELL, N.J. -- One resident was killed and a police officer was hospitalized after a fire broke out at a central New Jersey trailer park.
Howell Township police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/ZHikjj) that the fire started shortly before 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Oak Hill Trailer Park. But witnesses say firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze. The person who lived in the trailer where the fire occurred was pronounced dead at the scene, but further details were not disclosed. No other park residents were injured. Howell police officer John Lopez suffered smoke inhalation and was being treated at a hospital, but he was expected to fully recover. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, fire, fire death, howell, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- George Washington Bridge reopens for morning commute 1 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- George Washington Bridge reopens for...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links