New Jersey News
College of New Jersey tennis team captain missing
HILLSBOROUGH, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities are searching for the captain of the College of New Jersey's women's tennis team.
Paige Aiello, 21, was last seen by her father at approximately 1:00 p.m. while at their home in Hillsborough.
At approximately 3:00 p.m., her mother noticed that her vehicle, a 2006 grey Audi A4, was taken without her permission and that her daughter was missing. Her parents could not reach Paige by cell phone, and around 7:45 p.m., Mr. Aiello reported her missing with the Hillsborough Township Police Department.
A Good Samaritan found Paige's purse, cell phone and car keys while she was walking on the south walkway of the upper level of the George Washington Bridge. The Good Sanitarian contacted her parents.
Hillsborough detectives then contacted the New York Police Department and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and notified them of the missing person investigation.
Later that night, law enforcement agencies searched the Hudson River in the vicinity of the George Washington Bridge as well as both levels of the bridge. Port Authority Police Department was assisted in the search by Harbor Patrol, the U.S. Coast Guard, New York Police Department Patrol and Aviation Units.
The next night, New Brunswick police found the Audi in the Gateway parking garage on Somerset Street near the train station in New Brunswick.
Aiello is a senior at TCNJ, which is located in Ewing.
Thursday is her 22nd birthday.
Authorities are asking anyone having information about Paige Aiello's whereabouts to contact the Hillsborough Township Police Department at 908-369-4323, the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office at 908-575-3300, Somerset County Crime Stoppers' Tip Line at 1-888-577-TIPS(8477) or online at www.888577tips.org or www.scpo.net and click on either Crime Stoppers or TIPS HOTLINE. All calls are confidential.
new jersey, missing person, new jersey news
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 22 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight... 39 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
22 min ago