New Jersey News
More brush fires break out in New Jersey
KEARNY (WABC) -- Dry conditions and warm temperatures helped to fuel more brush fires in New Jersey.
One fire burned on Tuesday afternoon along Route 7 in Kearny. Two more could be seen along the New Jersey Turnpike in Carlstadt, near the Vince Lombardi Rest Stop.
It's been a busy couple of days for firefighters in New Jersey.
Another brush fire burned Monday along Waterloo Valley Road in Mount Olive Township.
In that case, firefighters tried to get water onto the flames by air because the area is difficult to reach by land.
Officials say the fire risk in the area is moderate, but the risk is expected to increase as the week goes on with the warmer temperatures.
The fires were all put out by Tuesday evening.
new jersey, mount olive, brush fire, new jersey news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 40 min ago
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 4 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
4 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
23 min ago