New Jersey News
More brush fires break out in New Jersey
KEARNY (WABC) -- Dry conditions and warm temperatures helped to fuel more brush fires in New Jersey.
One fire burned on Tuesday afternoon along Route 7 in Kearny. Two more could be seen along the New Jersey Turnpike in Carlstadt, near the Vince Lombardi Rest Stop.
It's been a busy couple of days for firefighters in New Jersey.
Another brush fire burned Monday along Waterloo Valley Road in Mount Olive Township.
In that case, firefighters tried to get water onto the flames by air because the area is difficult to reach by land.
Officials say the fire risk in the area is moderate, but the risk is expected to increase as the week goes on with the warmer temperatures.
The fires were all put out by Tuesday evening.
new jersey, mount olive, brush fire, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa 39 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos