New Jersey News
More brush fires break out in New Jersey
KEARNY (WABC) -- Dry conditions and warm temperatures helped to fuel more brush fires in New Jersey.
One fire burned on Tuesday afternoon along Route 7 in Kearny. Two more could be seen along the New Jersey Turnpike in Carlstadt, near the Vince Lombardi Rest Stop.
It's been a busy couple of days for firefighters in New Jersey.
Another brush fire burned Monday along Waterloo Valley Road in Mount Olive Township.
In that case, firefighters tried to get water onto the flames by air because the area is difficult to reach by land.
Officials say the fire risk in the area is moderate, but the risk is expected to increase as the week goes on with the warmer temperatures.
The fires were all put out by Tuesday evening.
new jersey, mount olive, brush fire, new jersey news
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 34 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 47 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
29 min ago