New Jersey News
Woman, 85, thwarts pigeon scam targeting elderly in New Jersey
LEONIA (WABC) -- Police in Leonia, New Jersey, say an 85-year-old woman was sharp enough to dodge a scam and then help police track down the scammers.
Authorities arrested Norman Gladney and Cheryl Lewis, both of the Bronx, who allegedly already had a second elderly woman in their car.
Police say the two were trying to get the woman's bank information for what's called a pigeon scam.
They had a bank bag filled with stacks of money, with $100 bills on each end and $1 bills in between.
Gladney and Lewis are charged with conspiracy to commit theft by deception.
new jersey, scams, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014