New Jersey News
Police hunt driver in deadly New Jersey hit and run
HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are trying to track down the driver responsible for a fatal hit and run accident in New Jersey.
It happened early Saturday morning on Williams Avenue, at the border of Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi.
It's believed the car was travelling eastbound towards Route 17 when 31-year-old Vladimir Artavia of Lodi was crossing the street was struck and killed. He was just leaving work from a nearby restaurant.
Investigators say it was a four-door Honda Accord with a model year between 2008-2012. They also have a piece of a wheel well that was left behind.
Police from Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi as well as the Bergen County Prosecutor's office and the Bergen County Sheriff's Department are all on the scene investigating.
His family says that Artavia came to the U.S. from Costa Rica 10 years ago.
new jersey, lodi, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green