New Jersey News
Police hunt driver in deadly New Jersey hit and run
HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are trying to track down the driver responsible for a fatal hit and run accident in New Jersey.
It happened early Saturday morning on Williams Avenue, at the border of Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi.
It's believed the car was travelling eastbound towards Route 17 when 31-year-old Vladimir Artavia of Lodi was crossing the street was struck and killed. He was just leaving work from a nearby restaurant.
Investigators say it was a four-door Honda Accord with a model year between 2008-2012. They also have a piece of a wheel well that was left behind.
Police from Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi as well as the Bergen County Prosecutor's office and the Bergen County Sheriff's Department are all on the scene investigating.
His family says that Artavia came to the U.S. from Costa Rica 10 years ago.
new jersey, lodi, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
52 min ago