New Jersey News
Police hunt driver in deadly New Jersey hit and run
HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are trying to track down the driver responsible for a fatal hit and run accident in New Jersey.
It happened early Saturday morning on Williams Avenue, at the border of Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi.
It's believed the car was travelling eastbound towards Route 17 when 31-year-old Vladimir Artavia of Lodi was crossing the street was struck and killed. He was just leaving work from a nearby restaurant.
Investigators say it was a four-door Honda Accord with a model year between 2008-2012. They also have a piece of a wheel well that was left behind.
Police from Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi as well as the Bergen County Prosecutor's office and the Bergen County Sheriff's Department are all on the scene investigating.
His family says that Artavia came to the U.S. from Costa Rica 10 years ago.
new jersey, lodi, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 17 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 5 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
24 min ago