New Jersey News
Police hunt driver in deadly New Jersey hit and run
HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are trying to track down the driver responsible for a fatal hit and run accident in New Jersey.
It happened early Saturday morning on Williams Avenue, at the border of Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi.
It's believed the car was travelling eastbound towards Route 17 when 31-year-old Vladimir Artavia of Lodi was crossing the street was struck and killed. He was just leaving work from a nearby restaurant.
Investigators say it was a four-door Honda Accord with a model year between 2008-2012. They also have a piece of a wheel well that was left behind.
Police from Hasbrouck Heights and Lodi as well as the Bergen County Prosecutor's office and the Bergen County Sheriff's Department are all on the scene investigating.
His family says that Artavia came to the U.S. from Costa Rica 10 years ago.
new jersey, lodi, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baby it's cold outside! 59 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 18 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced