New Jersey News
Fundraiser in honor of slain Newark IHOP manager
NEWARK (WABC) -- The owners of an IHOP restaurant in Newark held a fundraiser in honor of the store manager who was murdered on the job March 23rd.
Papa Khaly Noiyae, originally from Senegal, was shot and killed while trying to break up a dispute in the restaurant's parking lot.
30 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Emergency Room at the UMDNJ Hospital across the street from the restaurant, where Noiyae and two other men wounded in the shooting were brought that night.
In addition, some of the money raised will be contributed to a community organization dedicated to fighting crime and violence in the neighborhood.
Police are still searching for the killer.
They released a grainy surveillance image of the shooter on Monday evening.
The incident happened just after 3 a.m. in the parking lot of the restaurant on Bergen Street, sending people running for cover.
Sources say the shooting stemmed from a fight that happened inside the restaurant.
Crime Stoppers of Essex County is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect.
new jersey, newark, murder, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation