New Jersey News
Fundraiser in honor of slain Newark IHOP manager
NEWARK (WABC) -- The owners of an IHOP restaurant in Newark held a fundraiser in honor of the store manager who was murdered on the job March 23rd.
Papa Khaly Noiyae, originally from Senegal, was shot and killed while trying to break up a dispute in the restaurant's parking lot.
30 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Emergency Room at the UMDNJ Hospital across the street from the restaurant, where Noiyae and two other men wounded in the shooting were brought that night.
In addition, some of the money raised will be contributed to a community organization dedicated to fighting crime and violence in the neighborhood.
Police are still searching for the killer.
They released a grainy surveillance image of the shooter on Monday evening.
The incident happened just after 3 a.m. in the parking lot of the restaurant on Bergen Street, sending people running for cover.
Sources say the shooting stemmed from a fight that happened inside the restaurant.
Crime Stoppers of Essex County is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect.
new jersey, newark, murder, new jersey news
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 35 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 48 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
30 min ago