New Jersey News
Fundraiser in honor of slain Newark IHOP manager
NEWARK (WABC) -- The owners of an IHOP restaurant in Newark held a fundraiser in honor of the store manager who was murdered on the job March 23rd.
Papa Khaly Noiyae, originally from Senegal, was shot and killed while trying to break up a dispute in the restaurant's parking lot.
30 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Emergency Room at the UMDNJ Hospital across the street from the restaurant, where Noiyae and two other men wounded in the shooting were brought that night.
In addition, some of the money raised will be contributed to a community organization dedicated to fighting crime and violence in the neighborhood.
Police are still searching for the killer.
They released a grainy surveillance image of the shooter on Monday evening.
The incident happened just after 3 a.m. in the parking lot of the restaurant on Bergen Street, sending people running for cover.
Sources say the shooting stemmed from a fight that happened inside the restaurant.
Crime Stoppers of Essex County is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect.
new jersey, newark, murder, new jersey news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 29 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
29 min ago