New Jersey News
Spring storm dropping sloppy mix on New Jersey, eastern Long Island
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A spring storm that buried parts of the midwest in snow is now dropping a sloppy mix on part of our area.
New Jersey Transit is preparing to help commuters get around the Garden State during the storm, cross-honoring tickets on all public transit.
Extra staff will also be on duty to minimize delays and keep commuters informed of any schedule changes.
A winter storm warning remains in effect from Ocean County south, where 3 to 5 inches of snow are possible. A winter weather advisory is posted for central New Jersey, where 1 to 3 inches are predicted.
The areas that will be hit the hardest are along the Jersey shore and eastern Long Island.
Unofficial weather observers have reported 2 inches on the ground in Franklin Township in Gloucester County, 1 1/2 in in Hammonton and 1 inch in Cherry Hill.
But with dayside temperatures mostly hovering in the mid-30s, the greatest amounts of accumulation are expected to occur mostly on grassy areas and unpaved surfaces.
Authorities are urging residents to allow extra travel time on Monday. They say that depending on how the storm plays out, slushy and slippery conditions could exist on many roadways, especially side streets and rural roads.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
new jersey, storm, snow, snow storm, new jersey news
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM 59 min ago
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos