New Jersey News
Spring storm dropping sloppy mix on New Jersey, eastern Long Island
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A spring storm that buried parts of the midwest in snow is now dropping a sloppy mix on part of our area.
New Jersey Transit is preparing to help commuters get around the Garden State during the storm, cross-honoring tickets on all public transit.
Extra staff will also be on duty to minimize delays and keep commuters informed of any schedule changes.
A winter storm warning remains in effect from Ocean County south, where 3 to 5 inches of snow are possible. A winter weather advisory is posted for central New Jersey, where 1 to 3 inches are predicted.
The areas that will be hit the hardest are along the Jersey shore and eastern Long Island.
Unofficial weather observers have reported 2 inches on the ground in Franklin Township in Gloucester County, 1 1/2 in in Hammonton and 1 inch in Cherry Hill.
But with dayside temperatures mostly hovering in the mid-30s, the greatest amounts of accumulation are expected to occur mostly on grassy areas and unpaved surfaces.
Authorities are urging residents to allow extra travel time on Monday. They say that depending on how the storm plays out, slushy and slippery conditions could exist on many roadways, especially side streets and rural roads.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
new jersey, storm, snow, snow storm, new jersey news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 20 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos