New Jersey News
Child abduction attempt in Beachwood, New Jersey
BEACHWOOD (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a man who tried to abduct an 11-year-old boy Thursday afternoon.
Authorities have released a sketch of the suspect.
Police say the boy was walking home from school in Beachwood, Ocean County, when the man drove up beside him near Cable Avenue.
The boy told police the man got out of his car, a black Audi, and grabbed his arm.
The boy ran away and called police.
"We're taking this very seriously," police sergeant Frank Melillo said. "We don't feel it's a hoax. It is an ongoing investigation."
The man was described as white, bald and about 6-feet tall. He was wearing a black leather jacket and white T-shirt, Melillo said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 732-286-6000, ext. 191.
new jersey, abduction, new jersey news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases