New Jersey News
Child abduction attempt in Beachwood, New Jersey
BEACHWOOD (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a man who tried to abduct an 11-year-old boy Thursday afternoon.
Authorities have released a sketch of the suspect.
Police say the boy was walking home from school in Beachwood, Ocean County, when the man drove up beside him near Cable Avenue.
The boy told police the man got out of his car, a black Audi, and grabbed his arm.
The boy ran away and called police.
"We're taking this very seriously," police sergeant Frank Melillo said. "We don't feel it's a hoax. It is an ongoing investigation."
The man was described as white, bald and about 6-feet tall. He was wearing a black leather jacket and white T-shirt, Melillo said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 732-286-6000, ext. 191.
new jersey, abduction, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 14 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
14 min ago