New Jersey News
Child abduction attempt in Beachwood, New Jersey
BEACHWOOD (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a man who tried to abduct an 11-year-old boy Thursday afternoon.
Authorities have released a sketch of the suspect.
Police say the boy was walking home from school in Beachwood, Ocean County, when the man drove up beside him near Cable Avenue.
The boy told police the man got out of his car, a black Audi, and grabbed his arm.
The boy ran away and called police.
"We're taking this very seriously," police sergeant Frank Melillo said. "We don't feel it's a hoax. It is an ongoing investigation."
The man was described as white, bald and about 6-feet tall. He was wearing a black leather jacket and white T-shirt, Melillo said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 732-286-6000, ext. 191.
new jersey, abduction, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act