New Jersey News
Fire burns through Garfield condos under construction
GARFIELD (WABC) -- A fire burned through a row of condos still under construction at a Garfield apartment complex early Tuesday.
Flames shot through the roofs of at least four condo buildings still being built on River Drive South.
The fire broke out just before 5 a.m. and burned for hours.
Firefighters had limited access the fire because of unplowed streets in the unfinished complex, and then had to run water lines through the snow and slush.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The complex boasted 11 new homes, as well as a clubhouse, to be completed by summer.
Some are occupied, but the row of homes that burned were only recently completed or still under construction.
new jersey, garfield, fire, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 6 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos