New Jersey News
Fire burns through Garfield condos under construction
GARFIELD (WABC) -- A fire burned through a row of condos still under construction at a Garfield apartment complex early Tuesday.
Flames shot through the roofs of at least four condo buildings still being built on River Drive South.
The fire broke out just before 5 a.m. and burned for hours.
Firefighters had limited access the fire because of unplowed streets in the unfinished complex, and then had to run water lines through the snow and slush.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The complex boasted 11 new homes, as well as a clubhouse, to be completed by summer.
Some are occupied, but the row of homes that burned were only recently completed or still under construction.
new jersey, garfield, fire, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 44 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11 17 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos