New Jersey News
Fire burns through Garfield condos under construction
GARFIELD (WABC) -- A fire burned through a row of condos still under construction at a Garfield apartment complex early Tuesday.
Flames shot through the roofs of at least four condo buildings still being built on River Drive South.
The fire broke out just before 5 a.m. and burned for hours.
Firefighters had limited access the fire because of unplowed streets in the unfinished complex, and then had to run water lines through the snow and slush.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The complex boasted 11 new homes, as well as a clubhouse, to be completed by summer.
Some are occupied, but the row of homes that burned were only recently completed or still under construction.
new jersey, garfield, fire, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures