New Jersey News
2 separate bomb scares at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- There is new information on two bomb scares at Newark Airport on Sunday. One emptied a flight and delayed passengers.
The Port Authority says 44-year-old Eran Hess, an Israeli citizen, told a United Airlines agent that there was a bomb in his bag, which was loaded on to the plane bound for Miami.
Investigators say Hess became upset when he was told there were no more seats on the flight to Miami, and made the threat.
Also at Newark Airport Sunday, a Hoboken man allegedly told agents at a TSA checkpoint that he had a bomb in his shoe.
35-year-old Thomas Foley III was released on his own recognizance.
newark liberty international airport, new jersey, newark, bomb scare, newark international airport, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees