New Jersey News
2 separate bomb scares at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- There is new information on two bomb scares at Newark Airport on Sunday. One emptied a flight and delayed passengers.
The Port Authority says 44-year-old Eran Hess, an Israeli citizen, told a United Airlines agent that there was a bomb in his bag, which was loaded on to the plane bound for Miami.
Investigators say Hess became upset when he was told there were no more seats on the flight to Miami, and made the threat.
Also at Newark Airport Sunday, a Hoboken man allegedly told agents at a TSA checkpoint that he had a bomb in his shoe.
35-year-old Thomas Foley III was released on his own recognizance.
newark liberty international airport, new jersey, newark, bomb scare, newark international airport, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 30 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 43 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 40 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
59 min ago