New Jersey News
2 separate bomb scares at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- There is new information on two bomb scares at Newark Airport on Sunday. One emptied a flight and delayed passengers.
The Port Authority says 44-year-old Eran Hess, an Israeli citizen, told a United Airlines agent that there was a bomb in his bag, which was loaded on to the plane bound for Miami.
Investigators say Hess became upset when he was told there were no more seats on the flight to Miami, and made the threat.
Also at Newark Airport Sunday, a Hoboken man allegedly told agents at a TSA checkpoint that he had a bomb in his shoe.
35-year-old Thomas Foley III was released on his own recognizance.
newark liberty international airport, new jersey, newark, bomb scare, newark international airport, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 52 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus 40 min ago
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl 48 min ago
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn 41 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia 6 min ago
- Backpacks left at Boaston marathon finish...
55 min ago
- Community rallies around 13-year-old victim...
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
30 min ago
- Party bus goes very awry on Long Island
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos