New Jersey News
Hackensack fire injures 2, displaces 11
HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Authorities say a firefighter and a woman were hospitalized and 11 people were dispaced when a fast-moving fire destroyed a northern New Jersey home and severely damaged another residence.
Hackensack fire officials tell The Record (http://bit.ly/Z7wzaW) that dozens of firefighters battled the blaze, which broke out shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday.
It took roughly 90 minutes to bring the blaze under control, as firefighters contended with very icy and windy conditions. Officials say the injured firefighter hurt his back after slipping and falling on icy ground, while a woman who was being evacuated from a nearby house suffered an asthma attack after inhaling smoke.
Both were being treated at the hospital, but further details on their conditions were not disclosed.
The American Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.
new jersey, bergen county, hackensack, fire, new jersey news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 58 min ago
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 20 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos