New Jersey News
Hackensack fire injures 2, displaces 11
HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Authorities say a firefighter and a woman were hospitalized and 11 people were dispaced when a fast-moving fire destroyed a northern New Jersey home and severely damaged another residence.
Hackensack fire officials tell The Record (http://bit.ly/Z7wzaW) that dozens of firefighters battled the blaze, which broke out shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday.
It took roughly 90 minutes to bring the blaze under control, as firefighters contended with very icy and windy conditions. Officials say the injured firefighter hurt his back after slipping and falling on icy ground, while a woman who was being evacuated from a nearby house suffered an asthma attack after inhaling smoke.
Both were being treated at the hospital, but further details on their conditions were not disclosed.
The American Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.
new jersey, bergen county, hackensack, fire, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos