New Jersey News
Hackensack fire injures 2, displaces 11
HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Authorities say a firefighter and a woman were hospitalized and 11 people were dispaced when a fast-moving fire destroyed a northern New Jersey home and severely damaged another residence.
Hackensack fire officials tell The Record (http://bit.ly/Z7wzaW) that dozens of firefighters battled the blaze, which broke out shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday.
It took roughly 90 minutes to bring the blaze under control, as firefighters contended with very icy and windy conditions. Officials say the injured firefighter hurt his back after slipping and falling on icy ground, while a woman who was being evacuated from a nearby house suffered an asthma attack after inhaling smoke.
Both were being treated at the hospital, but further details on their conditions were not disclosed.
The American Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.
new jersey, bergen county, hackensack, fire, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 55 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 53 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
50 min ago