New Jersey News
Rutgers freshman found dead in his dorm room
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Andrew Gottfried of East Windsor was found dead shortly after 9 a.m. Friday in his room in Perry Hall on the Cook Campus.
He was enrolled in the School of Arts and Sciences as a pre-business major.
The cause of death has not yet been determined, and an investigation by campus police is continuing.
University officials say counselors were being provided for students who may need assistance following Gottfried's death.
new jersey, rutgers university, student death, new brunswick, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos