New Jersey News
Rutgers freshman found dead in his dorm room
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Andrew Gottfried of East Windsor was found dead shortly after 9 a.m. Friday in his room in Perry Hall on the Cook Campus.
He was enrolled in the School of Arts and Sciences as a pre-business major.
The cause of death has not yet been determined, and an investigation by campus police is continuing.
University officials say counselors were being provided for students who may need assistance following Gottfried's death.
new jersey, rutgers university, student death, new brunswick, new jersey news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 31 min ago
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 3 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos