New Jersey News
Rutgers freshman found dead in his dorm room
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Andrew Gottfried of East Windsor was found dead shortly after 9 a.m. Friday in his room in Perry Hall on the Cook Campus.
He was enrolled in the School of Arts and Sciences as a pre-business major.
The cause of death has not yet been determined, and an investigation by campus police is continuing.
University officials say counselors were being provided for students who may need assistance following Gottfried's death.
new jersey, rutgers university, student death, new brunswick, new jersey news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos