New Jersey News
Suspect accused of setting gas fire at Newark moving company
NEWARK (WABC) -- A worker has been arrested after he allegedly set a small fire at a moving company in Newark.
It happened at Father and Son Moving Co. on Frelinghuysen Avenue.
Parker was employed by the Moving Company, but authorities said he was asked to leave the premises this morning.
Investigators said he left but later returned with a can of gasoline which he used to start a fire in the foyer.
There was minimal damage to the property.
Parker was taken into custody around 1:30 p.m. without incident in the vicinity of Elizabeth Avenue and West Alpine Street by detectives from the Essex County Prosecutor's Office Homicide/Major Crimes Task Force.
new jersey, newark, arson, fire, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation