New Jersey News
Suspect accused of setting gas fire at Newark moving company
NEWARK (WABC) -- A worker has been arrested after he allegedly set a small fire at a moving company in Newark.
It happened at Father and Son Moving Co. on Frelinghuysen Avenue.
Parker was employed by the Moving Company, but authorities said he was asked to leave the premises this morning.
Investigators said he left but later returned with a can of gasoline which he used to start a fire in the foyer.
There was minimal damage to the property.
Parker was taken into custody around 1:30 p.m. without incident in the vicinity of Elizabeth Avenue and West Alpine Street by detectives from the Essex County Prosecutor's Office Homicide/Major Crimes Task Force.
new jersey, newark, arson, fire, new jersey news
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos