New Jersey News
Suspect accused of setting gas fire at Newark moving company
NEWARK (WABC) -- A worker has been arrested after he allegedly set a small fire at a moving company in Newark.
It happened at Father and Son Moving Co. on Frelinghuysen Avenue.
Parker was employed by the Moving Company, but authorities said he was asked to leave the premises this morning.
Investigators said he left but later returned with a can of gasoline which he used to start a fire in the foyer.
There was minimal damage to the property.
Parker was taken into custody around 1:30 p.m. without incident in the vicinity of Elizabeth Avenue and West Alpine Street by detectives from the Essex County Prosecutor's Office Homicide/Major Crimes Task Force.
new jersey, newark, arson, fire, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
48 min ago