New Jersey News
New Jersey woman's body found at bottom of gorge
WAYNE, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police say the body of a New Jersey woman was found at the base of some waterfalls in northeastern Pennsylvania and the death is suspicious.
Authorities discovered her lifeless body on Monday.
Police say 56-year-old Gail Dews was at the bottom of the Pocono's Shohola Falls gorge. Firefighters spent most of the day trying to recover the body.
A typically serene waterfall had become the very picture of something tragic.
"It's absolutely sad. It's very heart wrenching to hear that," said neighbor Danielle Karatosun.
Near Dews house in Wayne, New Jersey, neighbors were horrified to hear what had happened.
But most here say they didn't really know Gail and her husband. Even though the couple had lived there with their children for more than a decade.
According to neighbors they kept to themselves.
According to investigators Gail Dews' husband reported her missing. She was found about an hour later.
Police are questioning him, and they are still trying to determine the exact cause of death.
new jersey, wayne, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos