New Jersey News
New Jersey woman's body found at bottom of gorge
WAYNE, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police say the body of a New Jersey woman was found at the base of some waterfalls in northeastern Pennsylvania and the death is suspicious.
Authorities discovered her lifeless body on Monday.
Police say 56-year-old Gail Dews was at the bottom of the Pocono's Shohola Falls gorge. Firefighters spent most of the day trying to recover the body.
A typically serene waterfall had become the very picture of something tragic.
"It's absolutely sad. It's very heart wrenching to hear that," said neighbor Danielle Karatosun.
Near Dews house in Wayne, New Jersey, neighbors were horrified to hear what had happened.
But most here say they didn't really know Gail and her husband. Even though the couple had lived there with their children for more than a decade.
According to neighbors they kept to themselves.
According to investigators Gail Dews' husband reported her missing. She was found about an hour later.
Police are questioning him, and they are still trying to determine the exact cause of death.
new jersey, wayne, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 49 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams