New Jersey News
New Jersey woman's body found at bottom of gorge
WAYNE, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police say the body of a New Jersey woman was found at the base of some waterfalls in northeastern Pennsylvania and the death is suspicious.
Authorities discovered her lifeless body on Monday.
Police say 56-year-old Gail Dews was at the bottom of the Pocono's Shohola Falls gorge. Firefighters spent most of the day trying to recover the body.
A typically serene waterfall had become the very picture of something tragic.
"It's absolutely sad. It's very heart wrenching to hear that," said neighbor Danielle Karatosun.
Near Dews house in Wayne, New Jersey, neighbors were horrified to hear what had happened.
But most here say they didn't really know Gail and her husband. Even though the couple had lived there with their children for more than a decade.
According to neighbors they kept to themselves.
According to investigators Gail Dews' husband reported her missing. She was found about an hour later.
Police are questioning him, and they are still trying to determine the exact cause of death.
new jersey, wayne, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 11 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
37 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos