New Jersey News
New Jersey woman's body found at bottom of gorge
WAYNE, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police say the body of a New Jersey woman was found at the base of some waterfalls in northeastern Pennsylvania and the death is suspicious.
Authorities discovered her lifeless body on Monday.
Police say 56-year-old Gail Dews was at the bottom of the Pocono's Shohola Falls gorge. Firefighters spent most of the day trying to recover the body.
A typically serene waterfall had become the very picture of something tragic.
"It's absolutely sad. It's very heart wrenching to hear that," said neighbor Danielle Karatosun.
Near Dews house in Wayne, New Jersey, neighbors were horrified to hear what had happened.
But most here say they didn't really know Gail and her husband. Even though the couple had lived there with their children for more than a decade.
According to neighbors they kept to themselves.
According to investigators Gail Dews' husband reported her missing. She was found about an hour later.
Police are questioning him, and they are still trying to determine the exact cause of death.
new jersey, wayne, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 23 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 51 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
23 min ago