New Jersey News
FBI releases files on Whitney Houston
NEWARK (WABC) -- The FBI has released its files on a trio of investigations the agency conducted on behalf of Whitney Houston.
The records released Monday show the agency conducted one investigation into an alleged extortion attempt in 1992, but agents and prosecutors determined no crime occurred.
Agents also found no evidence of criminal threats to the singer in fan mail that was sent to the FBI for investigation in 1988 and 1999.
The 128-page file covers the height of the Grammy-winning singer's popularity but does not contain any new personal details.
Records on the FBI's extortion investigation in which Houston was interviewed at the New Jersey offices of her management company are heavily redacted.
Houston drowned in a hotel bathtub on the eve of the 2012 Grammy Awards.
new jersey, whitney houston, newark, new jersey news
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 42 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 5 min ago
- Suspect sought for stealing puppy from LI pet store
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 7 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
42 min ago