New Jersey News
FBI releases files on Whitney Houston
NEWARK (WABC) -- The FBI has released its files on a trio of investigations the agency conducted on behalf of Whitney Houston.
The records released Monday show the agency conducted one investigation into an alleged extortion attempt in 1992, but agents and prosecutors determined no crime occurred.
Agents also found no evidence of criminal threats to the singer in fan mail that was sent to the FBI for investigation in 1988 and 1999.
The 128-page file covers the height of the Grammy-winning singer's popularity but does not contain any new personal details.
Records on the FBI's extortion investigation in which Houston was interviewed at the New Jersey offices of her management company are heavily redacted.
Houston drowned in a hotel bathtub on the eve of the 2012 Grammy Awards.
new jersey, whitney houston, newark, new jersey news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 42 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company 57 min ago
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
15 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos