New Jersey News
FBI releases files on Whitney Houston
NEWARK (WABC) -- The FBI has released its files on a trio of investigations the agency conducted on behalf of Whitney Houston.
The records released Monday show the agency conducted one investigation into an alleged extortion attempt in 1992, but agents and prosecutors determined no crime occurred.
Agents also found no evidence of criminal threats to the singer in fan mail that was sent to the FBI for investigation in 1988 and 1999.
The 128-page file covers the height of the Grammy-winning singer's popularity but does not contain any new personal details.
Records on the FBI's extortion investigation in which Houston was interviewed at the New Jersey offices of her management company are heavily redacted.
Houston drowned in a hotel bathtub on the eve of the 2012 Grammy Awards.
new jersey, whitney houston, newark, new jersey news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 10 min ago
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 36 min ago
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest 51 min ago
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse